Audiovisability is delighted to present a brand new performance showcase - The Unheard World funded by Arts Council England, The Arab British Centre and Decibels Year of Sound.
'The Unheard World' explores the experience of deafness, migration, displacement and loss, plus language from a deaf perspective by working with artists and individuals from the UK, Syria, Iraq, Middle East and the Arab-Sudanese region.
Whilst music is the core driver for Audiovisability, we work across artforms including live painting, accessible music captioning, signed languages, textiles, photography, film and other visual arts to illustrate the auditory.
- Led by Creative Director and musician Ruth Montgomery with British Syrian pianist Waseem Kotoub composing for flute, oud, strings and percussion.
- Live paintings by visual artist Rachel Gadsden and creative sign by Nadia Nadarajah
- Textiles by Omeima Mudawi-Rowlings
- Photography and writing by Stephen Iliffe
- Musical captioning by Eloise Garland
- And Sign Language storytelling by Layla Fitzgerald-Woolfe with Oud by Syrian musician Rihab Azar.